a suburban-city girl stumbling her way through central PA.

9.21.2008

jane jacobs knows cities. it was kind of her thing. jane jacobs didn't love DC the way she loved philly or new york. people live here, work here, play here. people spend their lives here and they die here. there are cafes next to churches and apartments and hardware stores. sure, people live and die in DC, but it's different. DC is a fake city with a fake vibrance. everyone has an agenda. and the ones without agendas in DC hate the ones that do. every city has its corruption, but DC wallows in it. but philly? philly loves cheese steaks, rocky balboa, and the phils. who could possibly be a hater?

philadelphia is my home. welcome back to the city of brotherly love, the city that loves you back, where it's more fun to sleep over. (and it's always more fun to sleep over).

welcome to my foundation, my existence, my core creation, my attitude. welcome, my friends, to the b-side.

no one stands on the left and stops in the middle of the sidewalk to take a picture of the Disney-Chinatown arch. Well, maybe they do; but at least this chinatown has that real, dirty fishy smell of a chinatown that has, you know, chinese restaurants and bubble tea. and the best damn dimsum in the city is actually IN the city, not out in bethesda.

the coozery, i'm sure, will continue...


so with that, here i am.

new beginnings.
new name.
new layout.
new... me?

1 comment:

Kaybes said...

Welcome home Seester!!!
I made a blog but it's mostly just a lot of venting so it isn't anything worth reading...like yours is :-)